Friday, May 27, 2011

5/27

I am hot, tired, sweaty, and covered in cow poopy. It was a GOOD day. :)

Today I started my veggie garden. I have 3 rows of corn and 2 of green beans.


Since I didn't feel like expanding my garden just yet, I planted broccoli here in the planter in the front. I'm not brave enough to put my tomatoes in the ground, so I just transplanted them to a bigger planter.

Then I planted a couple cantaloupe plants.



While I was about to empty out this planter which I had completely forgotten about, I discovered some marigolds! I planted them in dirt from my yard, so I didn't think they'd stand a chance. But look at the little guys!!



And to my further delight, I found these guys already sprouting in my flower garden! They're part of the wildflower mix, so I have no idea what they are. But I'm very happy to see them. :)


And I created myself a Bella-resistant compost enclosure. I needed something that would get enough sunlight and air, but where Bella couldn't get at my food scraps. I found a pallet in one of the sheds on the property and I rigged this set-up.



While I was doing all of that, the girls were doing this:


It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment