Sunday, May 22, 2011

Frickin' Ridiculous

Ok, SO my back TOTALLY kills from lugging water up to my vegetable garden. Instead of buying a $10 50ft hose, my husband suggested that we move the garden. Jealous ladies? Sorry, he's ALL MINE. At first I thought the idea was frickin' ridiculous. But then I thought about it some more. Jonah mentioned before that I picked a totally random spot for that garden. I mean, it's not even LEVEL. So I started thinking, what if my cheap-ass, but adorable, husband is right?! What if it makes sense to have my veggie garden a little closer to my flower garden? A nice level spot.. I can consolidate my watering, fertilizing, and composting... ARGH. I HATE it when he's right!! So the plan now is to move my garden from here:


to here (we'll have to move the trampoline and/or swing set):
The good news is, I'm almost done with my flower bed! Just a little more weeding/bordering to go. My whole body just aches from all the kneeling, digging, lugging water, etc., so it'll have to wait until later this week. Besides, I want to have some fun with my family today! Also, Lowes is selling great soil+fertilizer bags for $3.74 a pop, so I can totally pick a few of those up this week. I think it will do miracles for my flowers and veggies. I've decided that Colorado dirt is just crap. :) In the meantime, have a wonderful week, my ghetto fabulous friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment