Saturday, May 28, 2011

5/28



I'm way too tired for good pictures today, BUT I got carrots, lettuce, peas, and basil planted. The super great news is that my tomatoes that I thought were dead seem to have revived themselves! So I transplanted all of those and now I have about 2o tomato plants. :) I also replanted of my parsley and my other basil.. tomorrow I'll do the rest of the parsley and the cayenne peppers. Then at some point after that, I'll do my squash, watermelons, and remaining cantaloupe. After that, I'll have to talk Jonah into making me a fence, or I'll just rig something myself. WOO HOO!

So here's what's in the ground right now:

Sunflowers
Gladiolus
Marigolds
Wildflowers
Cantaloupe
Corn
Green Beans
Carrots
Broccoli
Peas
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Basil
Parsley
Cayenne Peppers
Onions

Shew!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're really going to town on your garden. :) Way to go, Amy!

    If you have any trouble with slugs out there... like we do in the NW... I've been told by a neighbor (and have eye-witnessed as well) that if you get a lid* & pour beer into it, and place it level with the dirt, it attracts the slugs, they drink it/drown in it and die. :) (dead slug beer garden). :P Her slugs like the cheap RED LABEL can beer from Trader Joe's. ~.50cents a can. [*or cut the bottom out of plastic soda bottle to use.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually it is the "NAME TAG" lager, $2.99/6pk...but i just it looked up and was sad to find that there are no TJ's in Colorado. Sadness. :(

    ReplyDelete